Open Latin Pro/Am Scholarship
- K. Todd
- Jul 22, 2004
Compared to the Standard, participation in the Latin scholarships was disappointing. Only five couples contested the Open category and they finished in the following order:
1. Ashlenn Ambanta w/ Eddie Ares (GA). Definitely the best today, but does not always fully commit her weight, especially on syncopated actions.
2. Lauren Schelfhaudt w/ Michael Ulbrich (NH). I've always liked this lady, she has great expression but needs more foot pressure.
3. Michelle Hamblin w/ Rick Robinson (UT). Nicely active, but very high in the shoulders.
4. Savannah Poole w/ Isaiah Meders (FL). I like her upper body stillness, but it all needs more energy.
5. Wende Lam w/ Thomas Hicks (CA). Looked a touch unsure today.
To read more articles or for subscription information visit Dance Beat's website at www.dancebeat.com.