Rules & Policies
Important Rules and Policies
Pro/Am Scholarship Rules
To qualify for all scholarship events, a student must enter a minimum of 4 (Smooth) and 5 (Rhythm, Ballroom, Latin) Pro/Am single dances per scholarship event entered. All scholarships are unisex competitions for adults. Closed scholarships are restricted to Bronze & Silver students. Please remember that the closed scholarships are restricted to closed syllabus figures (Bronze restricted to Bronze Syllabus and Silver restricted to Bronze & Silver Syllabus). Open scholarships are not restricted to any figures. In any scholarship event with fewer than three entries, the organizer reserves the right to eliminate the age and sex divisions and merge competitors into one division.
- All Scholarship competitors will receive 50% of the prize money offered if the event is held with three or fewer couples.
- Students may NOT enter both Bronze & Silver scholarship levels in the same style.
- Students MAY enter both the Silver & the Open scholarships in the same style.
- Students MUST enter the scholarship level of the highest single dance entry level in a style.
- For example: If a student enters single dance entries in Full Bronze and Pre Silver they would be eligible for the Silver Scholarship NOT the Bronze Scholarship in that style.
- A student may dance two age levels. Their true age and one below.