Rules & Policies
Important Rules and Policies
Just a few things to remember and note.
Pre-Teen Rules & Regulations
Amateur & Pro/Am
New Pre-Teen Dress Requirements as of January 2012.
DRESS AND/OR COSTUMING - PRE-TEENS
Pre-Teens must dress as listed below.
- Black or dark blue color only
- High waist optional
- Underfoot strap optional
- Satin stripes are allowed.
- Plain white or black long sleeved collared shirt only (no wing collars)
- No pleats or ribbing
- Sleeves to be worn at wrist length
- Sweaters and vests are not allowed.
- Tie - Black color only, may be either straight or bow
- Socks - Black or dark blue color only
- Shoes- Heel height not to exceed 1.5 inches (must be black)
- Materials - Fabrics must be plain, ie: cotton, polyester, cotton/polyester blend, wool blend
- No satin or shiny fabrics
- No rhinestones, glitter, metallic thread, patterns or sequins allowed
- Decorations - not allowed
- Makeup - Not allowed
- Hairstyle - Long hair must be worn in a pony tail
- Skirt with top or simple dress with attached under garment or leotard top with full skirt
- Plain or pleated with minimum 1 to maximum 3 half circles. One plain simple underskirt allowed which is no larger or longer than top layer, and is the same or similar color as the outer skirt
- No uneven hem lines, use of boning, frills, splits, openings, fishing line, or edging (including "lettuce edging"). Edging or trim of any kind, including ribbon, satin, lace, sequins, etc, is not allowed. A simple hem is required.
- Length of skirt must not be shorter than 3 inches above the knee cap and no longer than 3 inches below the knee cap
- Necklines: Boat, high neck, v-neck, sweetheart, 'peter pan' collar, and regular collar are allowed. Edging or trim of any kind, including ribbon, satin, lace, sequins, etc, is not allowed on the neckline
- Gathering or shirring on the bodice is not allowed
- Edging or trim on the bodice is not allowed
- Long, short, elbow length, cap, puff. or sleeveless styles are allowed
- Cannot be replaced by trimmings, frills, or edging on the shoulder line
- No "finger loops" allowed
- Fabrics MUST be only one color throughout
- No glitter, metallic thread, or fabric creating pattern effects'
- No use of feathers, fringes, bows, belts, frills or sequins
- No flesh color fabric
- Any use of color coordinated 'see through' fabric must be lined from waist to shoulder; for use on arms no lining is needed
- Satin or lace (or similar fabric) is not allowed. Lycra, Spandex, Polyester, plain velvet, and jersey is encouraged.
- Shoes and Socks
- Shoes - Heel height not to exceed 1.5 inches, and must be block heel style if a dance shoe. If the shoe comes with rhinestones on the buckle then they are allowed. If the shoe comes with glitter on the shoe then it is allowed.
- Socks: White ankle socks (may have a small amount of lace), flesh colored pantyhose, or light pink or white tights must be worn.
- No Fishnet Tights
- Accessories, jewelry, and makeup
- No use of arm bands, chokers or headbands
- No decoration is allowed on dress or in hair
- No jewelry is allowed, other than one small earring in each ear
- No makeup allowed
- Use of fake eyelashes, fake fingernails, colored or glitter hair spray is forbidden.
For pre-teen one-dance or two-dance events, competition organizers may require that the shirts/tops be white and the trousers/skirts be black.